Taxon: Aesculus californica (Spach) Nutt.
Genus: Aesculus section: Macrothyrsus
Family: Sapindaceae subfamily: Hippocastanoideae tribe: Hippocastaneae. Also placed in:
Nomen number: 1622
Place of publication: J. Torrey & A. Gray, Fl. N. Amer. 1:251. 1838
Name verified on: 02-Jan-1995 by ARS Systematic Botanists. Last updated: 21-May-2013
- authorship verified from original literature
- because the combination was ascribed to Nuttall, and he was acknowledged in the preface to the work for his contribution, he is the author of this name (Melbourne ICN Art. 46.2)
Species priority site is: National Arboretum (NA).
NO ACCESSIONS IN
NPGS UNDER THIS NAME.
- California buckeye (Source: F CalifJep
) – English
- kalifornische Rosskastanie (Source: Zander Ency
) – German
Native: (links to
other web resources are provided for some distributions)
Check other web resources for Aesculus californica (Spach) Nutt.:
- Seed: U.S. National Seed Herbarium image
- Check PlantSystematics.org for additional images
Images Note: Be advised that their identity may be
inaccurate. Proper identification of a plant may require
specialized taxonomic knowledge or comparison with
properly documented herbarium material.
| New Search |
USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program.
Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database].
National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville,
URL: http://www.ars-grin.gov.4/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?1622 (06 March 2015)
Please send us your comments
Ctrl P to print